Epson printers are robust devices that help with routine printing tasks. However, sometimes, they can become unresponsive and show various error codes. This includes the Epson printer error code 41.
This problem majorly occurs due to issues with the computer drivers or with the printer software. Besides that, the wrong configuration of printer settings can also result in this error.
In this article, you will find the resolutions for all these issues.
Troubleshoot the Epson Printer Error Code 41
Use these measures to get past error code 41 in your Epson printer.
Check the Printer’s Cartridges
Faulty installation of ink cartridges or cartridges with low ink can cause this error. So, first, inspect whether the cartridges have ink. Also, check whether the connectors to them and the printer are at the front of the head.
If the ink cartridges are expended, follow these points.
- Turn on the printer.
- Take out the expended cartridge.
- Place a new one in its place.
- Examine the metal clips that contact the chip.
- Clean them with a soft cloth.
- Also, clean the chip of the ink cartridge.
Reinstall the Epson Printer Driver
Problems with the drivers can also lead to Epson printer error 000041. So, reinstall them using these points.
- Restart your printing device.
- As an admin user, enter the login details.
- Tap the ‘Start’ icon.
- Input ‘MMC’ in the search box.
- You will see the ‘Microsoft Management Console’ appearing on the start menu screen.
- Go to the ‘File’ menu and tap the ‘Add/Remove Snap-in’ icon.
- Select the snap-in icon of ‘Print Management.’
- Hit the ‘Add Icon.’
- Add a local server and hit ‘Finish.’
- Go to the computer name and select the ‘Driver Tree’ option.
- Remove the driver by tapping ‘Remove Driver Package.’
- Now, restart the printer and reinstall the latest drivers.
Correct the Printer Configuration
As mentioned in the causes, incorrect printer configuration is a major cause of the Epson error code 000041. So, you need to change the configuration to resolve this error.
- Examine the printer setup.
- Restart the print spooler administration.
- Do it through the printers and fax alternatives.
- Now restart the service by accessing the ‘Services’ window.
Use the Printer Troubleshooter
The troubleshooter is a built-in feature in Windows systems that users can use to fix many problems. Here’s how to use it to fix the Epson printer error code 41.
- In Windows Search, input ‘troubleshoot’ and press enter.
- Choose ‘Additional troubleshooters.’
- Click ‘Printer’ followed by ‘Run the troubleshooter.’
- Wait till the scan ends. After that, apply the resolutions suggested on the screen.
- Now restart your system.
Reset the Print Spooler Service
If the resolutions so far have not worked, you can clear and reset the print spooler service. An easy way to do it is through the Command prompt.
- Enter ‘CMD’ in your system’s search box.
- Right-tap on the result of ‘Command prompt.’
- Now, tap ‘Run as Administrator.’
- The User Account Control box will show.
- Tap ‘Yes.’
- Use these commands and hit Enter every time
- net stop spooler
- del %systemroot%\System32\spool\printers* /Q
- net start spooler
- After entering all these commands, restart your spooler.
Examine the Slots of the Cartridges.
Sometimes, you may mount an ink cartridge on the printer incorrectly. If the cartridges are not in the right slot, you may encounter this printer error.
So, go by the colored indication to insert cartridges correctly.
Hopefully, you are now armed with measures that will help you resolve the Epson printer error code 41. Use these measures to fix problems with drivers and incorrect configurations. But if you cannot resolve the problem by yourself, or want to learn more, contact a printer technical expert.