“Cloud is everywhere.”
We are not talking about the blue clouds but the Cloud computing technologies that almost all leading companies use to operate their digital business operations. Cloud computing has become an essential part of strategic operations in organizations as it helps them scale, accelerate innovation, streamline processes, accelerate innovation, and reduce costs. Cloud computing is beneficial for large and small organizations as well as for individual users as they can use many cloud services such as AppleiCloud, Google Drive, Google maps, etc. These services allow documents, contacts, videos, pictures, and more online.
Nowadays, Cloud computing is a buzzword in the IT world and is gaining popularity rapidly. In fact, it is one of the fastest-adopting technology into mainstream life than any other technology in this domain. It is becoming more important as it can solve many complex problems the average user and large organizations face. The importance of cloud computing can be seen in instant communication between a group of individuals while using their own devices. The idea behind this feature is that cloud computing is making business processes easier than ever before. Therefore there is an increased demand for certified and skilled cloud experts in this domain who are qualified with any reputed Cloud Computing Course.
This article will discuss the main types of cloud computing that every cloud expert must know about.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is simply known as the technology that can store, manage, and access data from the internet rather than a local server or a personal computer. Cloud computing is the on-demand delivery of IT resources over the internet with pay-as-you-go pricing. It also refers to the technology that makes the cloud work. The main attraction for using this technology is that there is no need to buy, own, and maintain physical data servers and centers. So you can access cloud services like computing power, databases, and storage on an as-needed basis from cloud service providers such as Google Cloud, Amazon web services ( AWS), etc. Cloud computing involves some form of virtualized IT infrastructure like servers, networking, operating system software, etc.
Cloud computing is used by almost every type, size, and industry in a wide range of use cases like disaster recovery, data backup, software development, virtual desktops, software development and testing, customer-facing web applications, big data analytics, etc. Cloud computing is helpful in several ways. It can lower IT costs and improve agility and time to value as your organization can start using cloud applications in minutes. It helps organizations to scale more easily and cost-effectively as it offers elasticity to business operations.
The Main Types of Cloud Computing
Cloud computing technologies are developing daily as many different deployment strategies and models have emerged to help meet the specific requirements of different users. Each type of cloud service is different from the others and can provide you with different levels of flexibility, control, and management. Let us discuss the main types of Cloud computing and understand them better.
Basically cloud computing is categorized into four main types: Private Cloud, Public Cloud, Hybrid Cloud, and multi-clouds. But it also has three main parts based on services: Infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and Software-as-a-service (SaaS).
- Public Cloud- Public clouds are created from IT infrastructure not owned by the end user. It is known as an IT model where public cloud service providers create computing services that involve storage and computing, developing and deploying environments and applications. These services are available on-demand to individuals and organizations over the public internet. It is also known as a third-party managed platform that uses the standard cloud computing model to make services and resources available to remote users worldwide.
- Private Cloud- Private cloud refers to a model of cloud computing where the infrastructure is dedicated to a single-user organization. It is also known as internal or corporate cloud, a cloud computing environment in which all hardware and software resources are dedicated to a single customer. It provides several different benefits of cloud computing with the security and control of on-premises IT infrastructure.
- Hybrid Cloud- A Hybrid cloud is a single IT environment created from multiple environments connected through local area networks. It is a way to connect applications and infrastructure between cloud-based resources and list resources that are not located in the cloud. In hybrid cloud computing, applications run using a combination of computing, storage, and services in different environments – public cloud and private cloud.
- Multi-Cloud- Multi-clouds are known as heterogeneous and distributed worlds of applications and users across public clouds, data centers, and edges. In this type of cloud computing, organizations use a combination of public, private, on-premises, and edge to create, operate, access, and secure their applications consistently across clouds. It also refers to the use of cloud services from more than one cloud service provider or vendor. It can leverage two or more cloud services simultaneously and use multiple private and public clouds.
Cloud Computing Models
We can understand cloud computing better with its three different models mentioned below.
- Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) – This cloud computing model contains the basic building blocks for cloud IT and typically provides access to networking features, data storage space, and computers (virtual and on dedicated hardware). Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) offers you high flexibility and management control over your IT resources. It is commonly associated with serverless computing and provides virtualized computing resources over the internet.
- Platform as a Service ( PaaS) – Platform as a Service removes the requirement for organizations to manage the underlying infrastructure ( hardware and operating systems) and allows them to focus on deploying and managing their applications. It involves resources that enable you to deliver everything, such as simple cloud-based applications, cloud-enabled enterprise applications, and sophisticated applications.
- Software as a Service- This type of cloud computing provides you with a completed product that is run and managed by the service provider. People who are using Software as a Service are using to end-user applications. It is also known as web-based software, hosted software, and on-demand software.
So these are different types and models of cloud computing, choose any kind according to your organization’s requirements and get the fullest from these advanced cloud computing services.