When you have a requirement for a physical copy of your document saved on a Windows 10 PC, HP Printer would be the best choice. HP Printer is however prominent for its smooth printing solution and affordability. But, like other printers, HP Printer is sometimes also prone to tech bugs. One common problem many users come across during their print job is HP Printer In Error State. When the printer is in an error state, you will be prevented from executing the printing tasks or accessing the printer for quality printouts. That’s why it is imperative to get your printer out of the error state as soon as possible. The productive troubleshooting tips to solve your printer in error state issue is at your fingertips. Simply read the post!
Why Is My HP Printer In Error State On Windows 10 PC?
There are malicious reasons responsible for HP Printer In Error State Windows 10. Beneath, the usual causes are enumerated underneath:
- Wrong or corrupted drivers are installed on Windows 10.
- Windows 10 system confliction or misconfiguration of hardware or software could also result in the Printer In Error State
- When having issues with your HP Printers itself such as low/empty ink, insufficient paper loaded, paper jamming, and many others.
- Connectivity issue with your HP Printer is also the one possible reason for a printer being in an error state.
- HP Printer Offline is enabled on your Windows 10 PC.
Prolific Solutions To Fix the “Printer in Error State” in Windows 10
We have got various ultimate troubleshooting methods covered for you to resolve the HP Printer In Error State issue. So, let’s feast your eyes at the below-mentioned solutions and implement them accordingly.
Solution 1: Run HP Printer Trouble-shooter Tool
Windows 10 has a built-in printer troubleshooter tool that automatically identifies the errors and annihilates them. So, if your printer is in error state, follow the below steps to run this tool:
- Press the “Windows + I” keys to open the “Settings” app on your Windows 10 device.
- Click on “Update & security” and then choose the “Troubleshoot” option.
- Now, Select your printer and click the “Run the troubleshooter” tab.
- The printer troubleshooter will now start detecting the printer in error state issue and fix the problem within a couple of minutes.
- Restart Windows 10 once the troubleshooter completes the process, and check if the printer works for printout.
Solution 2: Reinstall Printer Driver
If the driver installed against your HP Printer is damaged or out of date, try to reinstall the updated driver. Here’s the step to do so:
- Press the “Windows10 logo + R” keys to evoke the Run dialog box.
- Now, type “devmgmt.msc” in the search field and then hit the “Enter” key.
- On the “Device Manager” section, expand Printers and then locate your HP printer on the list.
- Then, right-click on the printer driver and then select the “Uninstall a device” option from the context menu.
- The driver will be uninstalled.
- Now, browse the official HP website and download the latest version of the printer driver.
HP Printer Support for HP Printer In Error State Issue
If none of the aforementioned fixing methods has helped you in overcoming the HP Printer in Error State problem, don’t feel blue! Contact our dexterous tech savvy via dialing the 24/7 helpline number for a one-stop HP Printer Support solution to your doorstep. The solution to resolve this problem will be provided to you in the easiest way so that without any effort you can bring your printer out of its error state mode.